- Guided walks at Sandy Lake Sun June 16 and Sun July 14, 2019
- Sandy Lake & Environs well represented in iNaturalist Nature Challenge – let’s keep at it!
- iNaturalist eyes on Sandy Lake & Environs
- Please keep an eye out for the “Hemlock Vampires”
- In a nutshell: why we need to protect lands on the west side of Sandy Lake
Category Archives: Acadian forest
An informative, up-to-date documentary on Hemlock Wooly Adelgid in Nova Scotia has just been released by the Blomidon Field Naturalists. This is all very relevant to Sandy Lake and Environs, where we have many hemlocks.
Every excursion I make into the Sandy Lake/Jack Lake lands (“Sandy Lake & Environs”) seems to offer a new gem. An excursion on June 1 was no exception. I had been intending to check out a drumlin northeast of Jack … Continue reading
Glorious, simply glorious Click on image for a larger version View key to photos below
I was not able to lead an Earth Day nature walk as had been planned to take place at Sandy Lake on April 22, but Bob Guscott kindly took my place. Bob and I had collaborated on some observations on … Continue reading