Date of Council Meeting: November 14, 2023
Subject: Staff report on plan to protect Eastern Hemlock in HRM
Motion for Council to Consider:
That Halifax Regional Council direct the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) to provide a staff report on a Management Plan for Hemlock Woolly Adelgid in HRM. Woolly Adelgid is an emerging insect pest that can be fatal to hemlock. The Management Plan should include best practices for treatment, with a special focus on older hemlocks in HRM, and include funding sources to develop and implement the
View full request
Some related posts, news
– November 14, 2023 Halifax Regional Council, Agenda
– Hemlock Wooly Adelgid now in the Halifax area 11Aug2023
Post on www.versicolor.ca/sandylakebedford on Aug 11, 2023.
– Sat Jul 15, 2023: Hemlock Treatment Demonstrations Day
Post on www.versicolor.ca/sandylakebedford on July 11, 2023.
– Please be on the lookout for Hemlock Wooly Adelgid in the vicinity of Sandy Lake (Bedford NS) 25Mar2022
Post on www.versicolor.ca/sandylakebedford on Mar 25, 2022.
– Hemlock Woolly Adelgid confirmed in Nova Scotia
News Release from Canadian Food Inspection Agency, Aug 3, 2017 “Pest detected in Digby, Yarmouth and Shelburne counties”