Join us at 7pm Thursday, July 5th, for an overview of the SRA involvement with trails from the start to now. David Waugh will lead us through the 25 years of work on the Fort Sackville, Bedford Sackville Connector Greenway and the Sackville Greenway and honour those involved in establishing these trails.
Then our Guest Speaker, Dawn Neil, of the HRM Active Transportation group will present an HRM perspective on trails with a focus on the north-western portion of HRM. Dawn has extensive experience on trails and liaison work with close to 2 dozen trail groups in HRM. She brings a practical, down-to-earth perspective on building and maintaining trails – a ‘lets get ‘ err done’ approach.
- In a nutshell: why we need to protect lands on the west side of Sandy Lake
- Presentation on “A natural history perspective of the forests, wetlands and surface waters of Sandy Lake (Bedford) & Environs” available on YouTube
- Sandy Lake frozen over on Dec 13, 2018 & salt signal increases in streams entering lake via Johnson’s Brook
- Thus Dec 6, 2018: A natural history perspective of the forests, wetlands and surface waters of Sandy Lake (Bedford) & Environs
- Sat Oct 20, 2018: Sackville Lakes Provincial Park event