Join us at 7pm Thursday, July 5th, for an overview of the SRA involvement with trails from the start to now. David Waugh will lead us through the 25 years of work on the Fort Sackville, Bedford Sackville Connector Greenway and the Sackville Greenway and honour those involved in establishing these trails.
Then our Guest Speaker, Dawn Neil, of the HRM Active Transportation group will present an HRM perspective on trails with a focus on the north-western portion of HRM. Dawn has extensive experience on trails and liaison work with close to 2 dozen trail groups in HRM. She brings a practical, down-to-earth perspective on building and maintaining trails – a ‘lets get ‘ err done’ approach.
- Guided walks at Sandy Lake Sun June 16 and Sun July 14, 2019
- Sandy Lake & Environs well represented in iNaturalist Nature Challenge – let’s keep at it!
- iNaturalist eyes on Sandy Lake & Environs
- Please keep an eye out for the “Hemlock Vampires”
- In a nutshell: why we need to protect lands on the west side of Sandy Lake