- Thus Dec 6, 2018: A natural history perspective of the forests, wetlands and surface waters of Sandy Lake (Bedford) & Environs
- Sat Oct 20, 2018: Sackville Lakes Provincial Park event
- New documentary on Hemlock Wooly Adelgid in Nova Scotia
- EAC kicks off Biodiverse-city Guided Hikes with Sandy Lake walk on Sep 15, 2018
- Friday September 14th, 2018: Sackville Rivers Association dinner & auction
Category Archives: Invasive Species
An informative, up-to-date documentary on Hemlock Wooly Adelgid in Nova Scotia has just been released by the Blomidon Field Naturalists. This is all very relevant to Sandy Lake and Environs, where we have many hemlocks.
A colleague from my Dal days had a question for me: is the white rose I have in my yard an “invasive”? He had been cycling the Grand Pre to Blomidon route in The Valley and had seen a white … Continue reading