- Sandy Lake & Environs well represented in iNaturalist Nature Challenge – let’s keep at it!
- iNaturalist eyes on Sandy Lake & Environs
- Please keep an eye out for the “Hemlock Vampires”
- In a nutshell: why we need to protect lands on the west side of Sandy Lake
- Presentation on “A natural history perspective of the forests, wetlands and surface waters of Sandy Lake (Bedford) & Environs” available on YouTube
Monthly Archives: April 2019
As I write this post, we are in the midst of a “Nature Challenge” to residents of Halifax (HRM, Halifax Co) “Help put Halifax Regional Municipality on the global nature scene! On April 26-29, 2019 over 165 cities across the … Continue reading
There is a recent posting on iNaturalist of a putative occurrence of Hemlock Wooly Adelgid (HWA), aka the Hemlock Vampires, in Hants Co. If confirmed, the Hants Co. sighting would be the first outside of Digby, Queens, Shelburne, Yarmouth and … Continue reading