- Guided walks at Sandy Lake Sun June 16 and Sun July 14, 2019
- Sandy Lake & Environs well represented in iNaturalist Nature Challenge – let’s keep at it!
- iNaturalist eyes on Sandy Lake & Environs
- Please keep an eye out for the “Hemlock Vampires”
- In a nutshell: why we need to protect lands on the west side of Sandy Lake
Monthly Archives: September 2018
An informative, up-to-date documentary on Hemlock Wooly Adelgid in Nova Scotia has just been released by the Blomidon Field Naturalists. This is all very relevant to Sandy Lake and Environs, where we have many hemlocks.
From EAC website: Join the Ecology Action Centre and the Sandy Lake Conservation Association as we go for a hike at Sandy Lake and in its environs. Learn about the biodiversity of this special place (old growth forest! wetlands!), and … Continue reading
“Dear Friend: “Last year, community contributions to the Sackville Rivers Association’s (SRA) Annual Dinner and Auction helped us raise over $8,000 for the improvement and conservation of the Sackville River and surrounding watershed. “The SRA continues our mandate of conservation, … Continue reading