- Sandy Lake Conservation Association’s Earth Day Event – April 22, 2018
- April 12, 2018: Blue Mountain Birch Cove Lakes Regional Park Citizen’s Meeting
- Thursday Apr 5, 2018: Natural History of Sandy Lake & Environs – cancelled
- “Spare HRM’s Sandy Lake ‘jewel’ in suburban HRM from bulldozers”
- Acadian Forest Love Affair
Monthly Archives: January 2018
Walking in a bit of old forest above Sandy Lake on the summer solstice (2017), I encountered a yellow birch and a hemlock that seemed to be growing from the same base, their trunks ascending to the skies in tandem. … Continue reading
Click on images for larger versions Walking towards Sandy Lake beach , I was told: “You have to take a photo of the hemlock in the sun” So I did (at right).