- Thus Dec 6, 2018: A natural history perspective of the forests, wetlands and surface waters of Sandy Lake (Bedford) & Environs
- Sat Oct 20, 2018: Sackville Lakes Provincial Park event
- New documentary on Hemlock Wooly Adelgid in Nova Scotia
- EAC kicks off Biodiverse-city Guided Hikes with Sandy Lake walk on Sep 15, 2018
- Friday September 14th, 2018: Sackville Rivers Association dinner & auction
Monthly Archives: January 2018
Walking in a bit of old forest above Sandy Lake on the summer solstice (2017), I encountered a yellow birch and a hemlock that seemed to be growing from the same base, their trunks ascending to the skies in tandem. … Continue reading
Click on images for larger versions Walking towards Sandy Lake beach , I was told: “You have to take a photo of the hemlock in the sun” So I did (at right).