- BDO Zone Initiative issues an “A-rating” for Southwest Nova Scotia as a location to develop “Bioeconomy Projects” 4Feb2024
- Could Nova Scotia-produced Mass Timber reduce our housing shortage AND save our Old Forests? 7Jan2024
- Would “thinning areas where harvesting isn’t allowed” as advocated by Forest Nova Scotia reduce wildfire risk? 23Nov2023
- Nova Scotia NRR seeking Program Admin Officer 4 (Resource Forester) 17Nov2023.
- Halifax Councillor requests staff report on plan to address Hemlock Wooly Adelgid threat to Eastern Hemlock in HRM 13Nov2023
Monthly Archives: January 2024
Could Nova Scotia-produced Mass Timber reduce our housing shortage AND save our Old Forests? 7Jan2024
The first Mass Timber manufacturing facility east of Quebec is due to begin production in Hants Co., N.S. in 2026 and could supply as much as 1/4 of the housing supply in NS by the end the decade. Can it … Continue reading