Also view subpage: Presumptive Stony Coral Tissue Loss Disease on Vauxhall Reef & Environs (and its subpages).
– Photographs of the Fringing Reef in the Recreational Zone of the Folkestone Marine Reserve, Barbados 2015-2016
Page on versicolor.ca with links to 3 photo albums:
– Fringing Reef of the Barbados MPA Recreational Zone.
The Vauxhall fringing reef supports a diversity of fishes and corals and high coral cover in the outer zones, in contrast to fringing reefs elsewhere in Barbados’ Folkestone Marine Reserve.
– Acropora prolifera (fused staghorn coral) in Barbados’ MPA 2015
Photos document a cluster of colonies of this hybrid between elkhorn coral (Acropora palmata) and staghorn coral (Acropora cervicornis) at the junction between the Zooanthid and Reef Crest zones of the Vauxhall fringing reef in the Recreational Zone of Barbados’ Folkestone Marine Reserve. It is an ecouraging development. For more perspective, see a recent (2016) report on Acroporoids in Barbados
– Squarrose Fire Coral Communities in Barbados
There’s a lot going on inside the boxes created by the Squarrose Fire Coral.
– Acropora prolifera on Barbados fringing reef
Project on iNaturalist. The Project Map as shown on iNaturalist mis-repreesnts locations, but if you go to the individual species and zoom in , the correct location is shown. Some quirk in iNaturalist..
– Barbados marine flora and fauna
Project on iNaturalist. Any posted observation for Barbados of an organism belonging to major taxa of marine flora and fauna is recorded here
Project on iNaturalist – any posted observation on iNaturalist within the circumscribed area will be compiled here. More iNaturalist observers needed!